Duskers is a hacker-esque survival game, which dearly reminded me of Cargo, a Swiss sci-fi film from 2009. Now, as a survival game, Duskers is delivered with a weak spot – a saving feature. The beautiful narrative you were developing on your home computer may not be shared by JIL on another computer, closest thing you get as a colleague on board.
So just like last time: you can now quicksave Duskers. The python script I am uploading will let you save the game to the location of your choice, and restore it. All you have to do –when restored– is to press play from the main menu. Also if you are interested in cloud-saving, all you have to do is simply place the Duskers-Quicksaver.py in a cloud-shared folder, like Dropbox.
For obvious reasons, use it at your own risk!
How to Use
- This code is written in Python. If you are on Windows PC, please check python.org to download it.
- Download Duskers-Quicksaver.py.zip and put it in the location of your choice.
- Unzip the file.
- Open any kind of text editors, and copy-paste following codes.
Mac/Linux: #!/bin/bash cd “$(dirname “$0″)” python duskers-quicksaver.py
Windows: python duskers-quicksaver.py pause
- Save the text as following:
- By simply clicking on the start file you just created, the code will run asking for your prompt.
Let me know if there is any issues.