FTL: Faster Than Light is one of those games that does not allow saves for a reason. Now, although it is a beautiful decision, –even the tips suggest dying for the sake of experience– you might wonder like myself, what would have happened if my ship had survived that encounter. It’s one of those games that let you submerge yourself into the stories, your stories. And that stories don’t have to end the moment you leave your computer at home.
So here’s the deal: you can now quicksave FTL. The python script I am uploading will let you save the game to the location of your choice, and restore it. All you have to do (when restored) is to press continue from the main menu. Also if you are interested in cloud-saving, all you have to do is simply place the FTL-Quicksaver.py in a cloud-shared folder, like Dropbox.
For obvious reasons, use it at your own risk!
How to Install
- This code is written in Python. If you are on Windows PC, please check python.org to download it.
- Download FTL-Quicksaver.py.zip and put it in the location of your choice. Unzip the file.
- Open any kind of text editors, and copy-paste following codes.
Mac/Linux: #!/bin/bash cd "$(dirname "$0")" python ftl-quicksaver.py
Windows: python ftl-quicksaver.py pause
- Save the text as following:
- By simply clicking on the start file you just created, the code will run asking for your prompt.
Let me know if there is any issues.
Updated Jan 5, 2018: added the information on cloud saving.